Thank you for your interest in learning more about Arizona School Choice K-12 Options and Education Freedom!
ARIZONA K-12 EDUCATION OPTIONS
Charter School Finder:
Education Evaluator: https://educationevaluator.org/about-the-map/
Arizona for Homeschool Education https://www.afhe.org/
The Home School Mom https://www.thehomeschoolmom.com/homeschooling-in-arizona/
Parent Alliance for Students with Exceptional Needs:https://pasen.org/
Homeschool Legal Defense Actionhttps://hslda.org/post/contests
My Homeschool Hub https://myhomeschoolhub.com/homeschool-help-in-the-state-of-arizona/
Prenda School https://prendaschool.com/
Cottage School Life www.cottageschoollife.com
Online Public School Examples:
Sequoia Choice: https://www.sequoiachoice.org/
AZ Connections Academy: https://www.connectionsacademy.com/arizona-online-school
ASU Prep Digital K-12: https://asuprep.asu.edu/
Academy of Math & Science: https://www.amsschools.org/apps/pages/COVID-19/2020-2021-School-Plan
Private Schools Finder:
Locate a private school near you, enter your zipcode:
Private School Review: https://www.privateschoolreview.com/arizona
Public Schools Finder:
Find a Public School: https://nces.ed.gov/ccd/schoolsearch/
Public School A-F Letter Grades: https://azsbe.az.gov/f-school-letter-grades
List of D & F Rated Schools: https://az4children.org/wp-content/uploads/2020/01/FY-19-Combined-D-F-Rate-Schools.pdf
K-12 EDUCATION SCHOLARSHIPS
Empowerment Scholarship Account
The Empowerment Scholarship Account (ESA) program offered through the Arizona Department of Education to help send your child to a private school or home school for free! You still have time to apply for the upcoming academic school year! ESA’s allow parents to receive their child’s allotted education dollars to pay for private school tuition (including religious schools), homeschool curriculum, uniforms, tutoring, therapies, books and more!
Is my child eligible?
Here are just 7 easy questions for you. If you answer YES to any of them, your child qualifies!
- Does your child have Special Needs and have an IEP or 504 from a public school?
- Is your child attending a D or F rated failing public school? (Here is the latest list of underperforming schools and their rating) https://az4children.org/wp-content/uploads/2020/01/FY-19-Combined-D-F-Rate-Schools.pdf
- Is the child’s parent active duty military or did a parent die in the line of duty?
- Has your child ever been in foster care?
- Do you live on Tribal lands or on a native American reservation?
- Is a parent or guardian of the child visually or hearing impaired?
- Do you have another child that already receives an ESA scholarship or was a past recipient of the ESA program?
If you answered YES to any of the questions above, click APPLY NOW!
If you answered NO to all of the above questions, you may be eligible for a Tax Credit Scholarship through a School Tuition Organization (STO) scholarships!
Tax Credit Scholarships
What is a Tax Credit Scholarship? A Tax Credit Scholarship Program gives parents the ability to have educational choices for their children, regardless of income. A tax credit is money that a taxpayer would otherwise have to pay as a state income tax payment, therefore, it is not additional money out of their pocket.
Tax Credit Scholarships can only be utilized for students who are enrolled full-time at a private school.
What is a School Tuition Organization (STO)?
School Tuition Organizations (STO) facilitate Arizona’s Private School Tuition Tax Credit Programs.
Why should I apply to an STO?
Parents should apply to use an STO if they choose to opt out of the public school system. Parents can seek a range of alternative educational services, such as private school or private online education.
- Parents should apply to a School Tuition Organization if they are not eligible for an ESA Scholarship and wish for their child to opt in for a private school choice educational option.
Some Tax Credit Scholarships are based on an applying student’s family income, while others have no income restrictions. Arizona state law prohibits Tax Credit Scholarship donors from designating the money for a specific child, but some School Tuition Organizations allow donors to recommend to which child they’d like to see the money go. You will have to apply each year to receive a scholarship for your child’s school of choice.
Contact and schedule an appointment with a School Tuition Organization (STO) of your choice by visiting:
Please have the following information ready to provide to the School Tuition Organization (STO):
- Let them know you were referred by the American Federation Children
- Provide number of members in your household
- Provide your household Income
- Provide where are you transferring from: public school/charter school/private school/homeschool
- Are you an AZ resident or coming out of state?
Each School Tuition Organization will provide you with specific application links on scholarships fit for you and your situation. Please let us know if we can answer any further questions.
We provide families with support to find state scholarships for K-12 private school tuition, therapies, tutoring, books, uniforms and more! Please let us know how we can support you and your community at NO cost to you. Book an appointment with Gaby Ascencio today by visiting https://calendly.com/gabyascencio or text/call (480) 331-8764 to learn how to customize your child’s education or to learn what other options are available for you and your children.
To email your legislators now and tell them to support School Choice now, visit: